We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
I am alone organic foods those that the Cortobio service distributes in Brescia and the province: boxes of seasonal fruit and vegetables and at zero km. You subscribe and i organic foods they arrive at the collection points or even at home, in boxes of various sizes and to be collected to eliminate the environmental damage that the packaging entails. Juri Bonomo tells us how it works and all the banal and less banal advantages of this way of buying organic foods, greener than ever.
1) When and how was the project born?
The project was born in spring 2011 by networking about 12 companies producing organic foods: 10 from Brescia, one from Bergamo and one from Sicily. The idea originated in the context of a series of initiatives, activated in the Brescia area, aimed at reducing waste. On this occasion Cortobio was born, a project aimed atElimination of packaging in the distribution of organic foods fresh, such as fruit and vegetables, in reusable crates. The added value of the project is the choice to distribute only organic fruit and vegetables to the Brescia families, mainly from the territory.
2) With what "mission"?
• Enhance the productions of organic foods in a short supply chain logic, operating in a network with reference producers and associations.
• Ensure a non-speculative selling price and the fair remuneration of farm work, thanks to the association structure between producers.
• Reduce the consumption of energy linked to transport, limit the production of waste linked to packaging and packaging of organic foods conferred by the manufacturer and those delivered to the customer.
• Reduce product waste thanks to the subscription service mode that allows producers to have solid programming.
• Use second organic foods the “0 kilometer” logic, giving priority to the closest production companies and small producers.
• Promote the work placement of disadvantaged people by entrusting part of the services to social cooperatives.
3) How does it work for the user?
The service is activated by subscribing to a subscription for the delivery of one or more boxes of organic fruit and vegetables on a weekly or fortnightly basis. The assortment of the box can be of fruit only, only vegetables or a mixture of organic foods, the products vary over the weeks, favoring seasonal and local ones. Some unwanted products can be excluded seasonally. The delivery takes place free of charge at collective collection points, distributed in the province of Brescia, or the customer, for a small supplement, can receive the box at home.
4) What guarantees do you provide on your products and how?
The products in our fruit and vegetable boxes are all sourced from certified organic farms. In addition to the producers, Cortobio is also certified by IMC (Mediterranean certification institute) and by the AIAB and AMAB guarantee marks, which guarantee their origin and give certainty to buy. organic foods traced. In addition to this, Cortobio takes care to meet and get to know the companies and their farmers directly and personally, creating a relationship of mutual trust with them and returning transparent information to customers on the origin of the product through the website and communication.
5) What and how many types of products do you supply and which are the most requested?
Cortobio boxes are of 5 different types: small (5Kg), medium (7Kg) and large (10Kg), to meet the daily needs of a family depending on the components and consumption habits of organic foods like ours. We have also created special boxes such as the baby, suitable for example for families with children, with products suitable for feeding the little ones and the base, which provides a more essential and economical assortment. The assortment can be of fruit only, vegetables only, or mixed, but it is also possible to order boxes of individual products following a weekly price list published on the website.
6) What is the most common type of customer?
Our customers are on average between 35 and 50 years old, more frequently it is women who subscribe to the service, because they are the ones who take care of the shopping, most of them buy for the family or the couple. Several young couples and often new mothers also come to our service, who show particular attention to feeding the baby, choosing healthy organic foods and without harmful substances. In general, we have found in our customers attention also to environmental, health and health aspects guarantee of origin of the product.
7) How do you minimize waste?
The service reduces waste by avoiding the packaging of fruit and vegetables and through the reuse of cassettes (every week the customer brings back the cassette of the previous week). The same logic of reuse of the boxes is applied for the goods delivered by the manufacturer, so there is a double saving of resources. In addition to this, working in a short supply chain logic allows to reduce pollution in terms of energy consumption and CO2 emissions. Organic farming also guarantees a lower impact on the environment, ensuring greater protection of water, air, soil and greater protection of the health of the consumer and operator.
You may also be interested in the article on "Organic products: what they are and how they are recognized“