With winter the cold arrives but also the oranges, a precious fruit with which to fight colds and flu. It is perfect for juices, sweets and for making excellent jams. Those we find in supermarkets certainly cannot guarantee authenticity as a product made with our hands. The procedure for making a marmalade of oranges is very simple and is prepared quickly, the only recommendation is to buy untreated oranges. But let's see in detail how to do it marmalade of oranges following our recipe.
Orange jam, the ingredients
- 2 kilos of organic oranges
- 1 kilo of sugar
- 2 lemons
- Airtight sterilized glass jars
Orange jam, the preparation
- Wash the oranges and lemons very carefully then cut them into small pieces, making sure to remove all seeds.
- Pour the pieces of oranges and lemons into a tall pot full of water and cover with the lid
- Wait a day: the time it takes to macerate the citrus fruits
- After the time has passed, remove all the water from the pot
- Pour the same amount of water back into the pot with the citrus fruits and put it to boil for about ten minutes
- Drain the citrus fruits well, then add the sugar and simmer for about 45 minutes
- When the marmalade it will be almost cooked, with the help of an immersion mixer, coarsely chop the fruit.
- Meanwhile, while it is boiling, prepare the jars for the orange marmalade by washing them thoroughly and drying them. To ensure that they are also sterilized properly, you can leave them in the oven for 10 minutes at 120 °
- Pour the contents into the jars and place them upside down, in a sheltered place, until they are completely cooled
Useful information: to be sure about cooking just pour a small amount of jam on a saucer and tilt it, if it goes down slowly it is ready. But remember that as it cools it will harden further.
It might also interest you
- Orange marmalade: ingredients