We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Until a few years ago, the dishwasher was a luxury for a few, but today it has a fundamental role in the kitchen, so much so that it is already included in modular kitchens; it is generally “built-in”, inside a cabinet with a reclining door. We are talking about an appliance much loved by women, especially those in career: you save time and the dishes come out clean and sanitized.
The market offers different types and price ranges but it is not always easy to buy the dishwasher that meets your expectations. In this regard, we will show you how to choose the right dishwasher by following some important precautions.
Dishwasher selection guide, indications
At the time of purchase, the things to consider are: types of washing, capacity and energy class, a fundamental role in making a conscious purchase aimed at saving energy.
A dishwasher with energy class A or A + has a higher price but saves electricity with each use; on the contrary, with a low energy class, savings are made at the time of purchase but does not save electricity during use. For further information, we recommend reading the article "Dishwashers, washing machines: how to save on washing"
Do not forget that the initial high expense can be amortized over time: less consumption and longer duration over time.
Modern dishwashers are equipped with more efficient ecological washing and prewash systems, thus allowing water and electricity savings thanks to the use of low temperatures. They also have advanced and sophisticated technologies that allow you to select the half load if you do not take care of all the covers, to choose ecological washes (maximum 50 degrees) and to program the ignition when you want.
For more advice, please refer to the guideHow to choose the dishwasher.
Dishwasher selection guide, useful tips
- Regardless of the model you have chosen, if you want to save electricity and water while respecting the environment, just do the cycles only at full load by incorporating the breakfast and lunch dishes with those for dinner.
- Remember: in the evening you save on your bill. Modern dishwashers are not noisy at all and this allows you to use the appliance even at night.
- Dishwashers have different dimensions of depth: the smallest take up 45 cm of space, while the most common standard ones reach up to 60 cm in depth. If your household does not exceed three units, opt for a small model, always paying attention to the energy class and brand.
- Check that the brand is easily traceable in service centers in case of breakages and technical problems
- Make sure it has the CE mark and therefore complies with the European Union directives
If you want to save on dishwasher detergents, you can self-produce them at home! For further information read "How to make dishwasher detergent".